Fairy Garden Album


Recently I joined another album swap. The theme was Fairy Garden and this is my takes of it. I used two different paper pads for this project: my only 12 pieces Bo Bunny discontinued Enchanted Forest and Recollection's Butterfly Blooms. Total I used 18 pieces designer papers and 36 pieces 8.5" x 11" cardstocks. Though I used two different paper pads, I think the final result looks good.

The final album measured 8" x 8" with 2 5/8" spine. The Le Cartonnage box I made for the album measured 9 1/4" x 9" x 4".

I saw this kind of box when I visited Tuesday Morning. The box doesn't have the see through opening, though. But the tilted cover idea is very nice. I thought I will make this box can be used for a photo display as well. I used fabric from my stash to wrap the box. The outside fabric comes from Joann. The inside one... I don't quiet remember where did I get it. Maybe it's also from Joann where I mostly got my fabrics.

The thickness of the cardboard used to make the box was perfect to use as a shaker element. It's also a waste not to use it, IMO. So, I made it into shaker frame. The shaker elements I used are different coloured glitter.

The album I made has a lot of pockets and flaps. It could hold 115+ photos with size ranged from 3" x 5", 4" x 4", 4" x 6" to 5" x 7" photos.

Without further ado, see my album here:


If you are interested, you can get Yasutomo Pearlescent watercolor I used to color some photo mats from here.

Happy Crafting,
Sherls

Comments