Cutie's 1st Year Baby Album - Grandpa


Cutie's birthday was on November. Therefore, it's perfect to make her 1st year album for my father-in-law's Christmas present.

Unlike typical scrapbook album, I printed the pictures first then made the album. I sorted the pictures by the month then designed the layout of each month.

This album measured 7 1/2" by 8 3/4" with 2 5/8" spine. It had 6 signatures (1 page for 1 month) with no hinge. Each signature made the hinge and connection to the next signature. There were also no pockets in this album - only flip pages. I thought this style was easier for the grandfather to flip the album. When I showed this album to my dear husband, he said this album was a huge improvement from what I made previously. It's easy to flip and he didn't worry that he would break it. LOL.
I used Sweet Soirée paper pad from Craft Smith, some paper from Life's Little Occasions by K&Company, and Tea Party cardstock from Michaels. I used die cuts (cut with Sizzix and Cricut), flowers, stamps, and some stickers from Dollar Tree.

Usually I made my cover flat - no bulky embellishment. This was my first album using embellishment with dimension for the cover. I even added foam on the year. To make sure my father-in-law could store this album easily, I made a box for it (of course with a flat cover).

Actually the box was a re-purposed box. It was originally a pastry box from Taiwan. The pastry was individually wrapped thus there was no grease inside the box, I painted the box red (because the original box color was red) and decorated it with scrapbook paper and ribbon. I made the title for the box and the cover with Cricut. It's Cutie's full name and I pixelated it for privacy. 😉

Here is the full album (before I adhered the pictures)


Happy Crafting,
Sherls

Comments